Sailfish OS Download: Sony Xperia X
Sailfish operating system is now fully available to download and purchase. This means you will be able to download Sailfish X and get it installed on your Sony Xperia X smartphone.
Previously, Jolla And Sony had got into a partnership in order to bring forth Sailfish operating system to Xperia devices. And Xperia X devices, with single SIM were to be the first to have it.
Installing Sailfish X OS, requires you have the Windows operating system running on your computer. While installation instructions for MAC and Linux users will unveil in the coming months.
Sailfish OS, is a Secure operating system with support for android application and runs on a single SIM device, now only for the Sony Xperia X. On first purchase of the ROM, you will directed to a link to download and install the operating system inside of your Sony Xperia X device in no time. Below is a video showing Sailfish OS on Sony Xperia X device.
How to Flash(Install) Sailfish OS ROM on Sony Xperia X
Facts to Note Before Flashing Sailfish ROM on Sony Xperia X
- Ensure your Sony Xperia X device is in good shape before unlocking bootloader.
- Ensure that WLAN, Camera, Phone Calls, Mobile data connection and all major functions are running smoothly.
- Ensure your device is Sony Xperia X Single SIM Version(F5121)
- Ensure that the boot loader of Sony Xperia X is verified to be unlockable
- Ensure that you have verified that it works with Android
What you need to Flash Sailfish OS on Sony Xperia X
- Micro USB Cable
- Active internet connection
- Windows Computer
- Download Sailfish X OS file from Jolla
Procedures to Flash Sailfish OS on Sony Xperia X
Bootloader Locked Sony Xperia X Devices:
If your Sony Xperia X Device bootloader is locked use this procedure:
- Update to the latest Android version via OTA(over the air) download
- Goto Settings>>About Phone>>Software Update>>Check System Updates. This step is to ensure whether there is another update. That means you may have to do multiple OTA updates, in order to get the latest version
- After updating your device, go to Settings>>About Phone>>Build Number
- Ensure the Build number is 34.3.A.0.228 or higher
Bootloader unlocked Sony Xperia X devices
If your Sony Xperia X bootloader is already unlocked, then, use this procedures:
- Download and install Emma Tool for Windows computer @Sony Dev Site
- Turn off Sony Xperia X device
- Wait for at least 20 seconds after turning off
- Hold Volume Down button at the same time connect your Sony Xperia X to your computer using USB Cable
- If done properly, the LED close to the speaker should lit up a green light
- Enter Emma tool on your computer and Run it. Follow the step by step instructions
- Boot up your device to Android. Follow the setup Wizard, skip many steps until you get to DONE
- Shut down Sony Xperia X and then prepare to begin Sailfish installation in the next guide
Installing Xperia X Fastboot Driver
- In off state of Sony Xperia X, Hold Volume UP button at the same time connect your device to the computer using USB cable.
- When the LED next to the speaker shows Blue light, you can head to the next step
- Download Xperia X fastboot drivers @Sony web
- After download, Extract contents in the Xperia-X-driver.zip file to a know directory
- Open Windows Device Manager (Hold Windows Button and R. Then type devmgmt.msc in the field box and hit enter to open Device Manager)
- Locate S1Boot Fastboot in the drop down list. If not installed properly, you will get a warning sign
- Right-Click on it, then choose, Update driver
- Goto Browse my computer for driver software
- Select the option, Let me pick from a list of available drives on my computer
- Select, Show All Devices
- Select, Have disk
- Select, Browse, locate the directory where you extracted the Xperia-X-driver.zip files.
- Select, the file sa0114adb and click on Open
- Next, click OK
- Sony sa0114 ADB interface Driver, then appears in Model List
- Click on Next
- If Update Driver Warning pops up click on Yes
- If all steps done properly, Windows has successfully updated your drivers will pop up, click on Close to finish the process.
Extracting Sailfish OS.zip File
- Extract the SailfishOS file (SailfishOS-126.96.36.199-1-f5121-0.0.1.16.zip) to a known directory in your computer. The contents contains fastboot binary files
Download Sony Vendor Binary Image files
- Download Sony Binary image file Below: SW_binaries_for_Xperia_AOSP_M_MR1_3.10_v13_loire.zip
- Unzip SW_binaries_for_Xperia_AOSP_M_MR1_3.10_v13_loire.zip file
- Copy SW_binaries_for_Xperia_AOSP_M_MR1_3.10_v13_loire.img
- Paste the image file to the same folder directory where you kept Sailfish OS extracted files
Flashing Sailfish X ROM on Sony Xperia X
Connect Sony Xperia X device into Fastboot Mode
- Disconnect your Sony Xperia X device from your computer
- Turn off the device. Leave the device off for at least 20 seconds
- Hold Volume Up button at the same time Connect your Sony Xperia X device to your computer via USB cable
- If done properly the LED light close to the speaker will show blue light
- Double click on flash-on-windows.bat (When you get Windows warning: Protected your PC by stopping the script from launching, click on More info, next click on Run anyway
- Follow the step by step instructions in the Window menu
- After flashing, reboot your Sony Xperia X device into Sailfish X
Get Stuffs Like this, to Ur' Inbox: