“Corona Virus Nigeria Preventive Measures:” Following a Tweet by the Federal Government Ministry of Health in Nigeria, a case of the Corona Virus, also known as Covid-19, has been confirmed. But you need not to worry and need not to be alarmed. As the Government are taking all preventive measures to ensure the Virus is curtailed.
The Federal Ministry of Health has confirmed a coronavirus(Covid-19) case in Lagos State Nigeria. The case which was confirmed on 27/02/2020 is the first case to be reported in Nigeria since the beginning of the outbreak in China in January 2020 @WHO @BBCWorld #CoronaVirusUpdates pic.twitter.com/uF79NYzvAz
— Federal Ministry of Health, NIGERIA (@Fmohnigeria) February 27, 2020
The essence of this post, is to educate people of some of the preventive measures that they can imbibe to prevent any spread of the virus.
Actually, the fatality rate of the Corona Virus cannot be compared with the severity of other virus outbreak in the world, like the Ebola.
Some cases of patients with the Corona Virus have been reported to have recovered after quarantine process.
Thus, people should not be overtly alarmed but rather try as much as possible to be cautious in doing the preventive health tips to ensure proper hygiene.
Preventive Measures for Corona Virus in Nigeria:
- Wash your hands well
- Have a hand sanitizer
- When you sneeze or cough use your inner elbows and not palms
- Don’t touch a sick person diagnosed with the Virus
- Maintain at least a distance of 1.5 meters or 5 feets between your self and the person coughing or sneezing
- Try to maintain good respiratory hygiene when you cough or sneeze
- Cover your mouth and nose properly with tissue paper when sneezing or coughing
- If you become sick while travelling, avoid close contact with people if you are symptomatic
- Stay home if you feel unwell with the symptoms
- Symptoms like Fever, Cough and difficulty in breathing.
- Call the emergency health unit close to your location
- Stay informed with current update through official channels of the Federal Ministry of Health
- Most importantly Do not panic of spread false information
- Use of Face Mask to Cover Mouth and Nose when symptomatic
The process of effectively putting a Face Mask will be described below so everyone will know how to properly use the face mask.
How to Use Face Mask to Avoid Spread of the Corona Virus:
- By using the Right Mask
- The mask consist of Blue Color on the outside which is Waterproof
- And White color in the inside which is absorbent
- Thus, by putting the White Side of the Mask on your Nose and Mouth, when you cough, it absorbs it
- Thus, the White is used in the inside while the Blue portion faces outside
- Position the thick upper layer of the mask directly on your nose and pinch it
- Then you pull it out so it extends and covers your mouth region while also use the rubber layer to fixate on your ears.
- Finally when removing the mask, it is assumed it is dirty. So careful not to touch the middle region that sits on the mouth and nose. Rather remove it by holding the rope that clamps to the ears
How to Wear Face Mask Properly:
- Top layer pinches the nose
- Blue Layer Outside (Water Proof) and White Layer Inside (Absorbent)
And lastly it also covers the mouth.
What is Corona Virus:
Corona Virus are Zoonotic, which means the method of transmission is between animals and human. The Corona Virus is Sars-CoV-2. It was reported to WHO in 31 of December 2019.
Treatment Centers in Nigeria:
- Cross River
- Kano State
And more treatment centers are expected to further spring up.
Symptoms of the Corona Virus:
- Breathing Difficulties
Lastly Do not panic. Just use all of the preventive measures you know of in order to ensure to keep a healthy condition.
Get Stuffs Like this, to Ur' Inbox: