These activities first Starts from the Call-up process whereby prospective corp members of NYSC are notified to begin the NYSC registration process.
After which they are then randomly assigned mobilization numbers in the format bearing their tertiary institution name. For example, NYSC/ABU/2017/50001.
The above number combination in bold, shows a typical NYSC mobilization number.
The number means the prospective corps member called graduated from Ahmadu Bello University Zaria short form, ABU. Mobilized 2017 with serial number 50001.
So after the whole registration process that spans across stages like scanning fingerprint and assigning signature in the NYSC portal, uploading passport etc. Prospective candidates are then notified via email to come for camping in various States of the Nigeria Federation.
Normally, it is advisable for prospective candidates to always check the NYSC portal for NYSC Time-Table to know the current outline of events assigned for the camping.
All the activities and events performed in the various NYSC camp of Nigeria are performed according to the slated time-table at the same timing.
Below is a chronological order of the various events that takes place in any NYSC camp.
- Post Mobilization Workshop
- Pre-Mobilization Workshop
- Briefing/Sensitization of Final year students/prospective corps Members.
- Uploading of Senate/Academic Board Approved Results for Full/Part-Time Graduates and Revalidation Lists by CPIs
- Submission of Senate/Academic Board Approved Results for Full/Part-Time Graduates and Revalidation Lists by CPIs
- Online Registration by Foreign and locally Trained Nigerian Graduates
- Entertainment of complaints from Prospective Corps Members by the state Deployment and Relocation officers and NYSC Help Lines/Desks officers.
- Action by ICT Dept
- Notification and Printing of Call-up Letters by PCMs
- Online Printing of Deployment Disposition by Corps Producing Institutions/Delivery of manual Call-up letters to Institutions
- Commencement Orientation Course
- Commencement of Online Registration by Foreign and locally Trained Nigerian Graduates
- Commencement of Orientation Course
During the NYSC camping other notable things that takes place is physical exercise drills, entrepreneurship and innovation lectures, cultural and social activities etc.
After camping NYSC corps members are deployed to their various place of primary assignment PPA to give back to the nation.
Usually, corps members are assigned with various unique States codes for easy identification. The NYSC State codes goes in the format of KN/18A/5676.
This number means the above candidate was posted to Kano State which bears the code KN for service. He/She was 2018 Batch A, we could also have Batch B or Batch C too in the format, KN/18B/5676 or KN/18C/5676 and so on.
To learn more about NYSC State Codes visit this link.
How to Know Current NYSC TimeTable:
Since the NYSC mobilization process is a timely activities which changes from time to time.
To know your current Time-Table for your Batch simply use the steps outline below:
- Firstly, visit NYSC Time-Table page.
- Secondly, Scroll to the bottom
- At the bottom, you should see information alongside a timetable showing the process of events.
Voila all done!.
Below is a Typical Format of NYSC Timetable for 2019 Batch A. This is just for the purpose of an Example.
To know the current NYSC Timetable use this link instead.
NYSC Table Format for Batch A 2019.
|1||2019 Batch ‘A’ Post Mobilisation Workshop.||8th – 10th May 2019|
|2||2019 Batch ‘B’ Pre-Mobilisation Workshop.||14th – 18th May 2019|
|3||Briefing/Sensitization of Final year students/prospective corps Members.||10th – 25th May 2019|
|4||Uploading of Senate/Academic Board Approved Results for Full/Part-Time Graduates and Revalidation Lists by CPIs||6th – 25th May 2019|
|5||Submission of Senate/Academic Board Approved Results for Full/Part-Time Graduates and Revalidation Lists by CPIs||25th – 30th May 2019|
|6||Online Registration by Foreign and locally Trained Nigerian Graduates||1st June – 12th June 2019|
|7||Entertainment of complaints from Prospective Corps Members by the state Deployment and Relocation officers and NYSC Help Lines/Desks officers.||27th May – 13th June 2019|
|8||Action by ICT Department||13th – 15th June 2019|
|9||Notification and Printing of Call-up Letters by PCMs||15th – 17th June 2019|
|10||Online Printing of Deployment Disposition by Corps Producing Institutions/Delivery of manual Call-up letters to Institutions||15th – 17th June 2019|
|11||Commencement of 2019 Batch “B” Stream I Orientation Course|
|12||Commencement of Online Registration by Foreign and locally Trained Nigerian Graduates for 2019 Batch ‘B’ Stream 2||19th June, 2019|
|13||Commencement of Orientation Course for 2019 Batch ‘B’ Stream 2||20th August, 2019|
On a final note, that’s all about it for NYSC Time-Table and how events are organized. If you need any further details please do leave a reply in the comment section.
Get Stuffs Like this, to Ur' Inbox: