How to do NYSC Remobilization:
In this post, we would show you the steps of how to apply for NYSC Remobilization process through the NYSC portal. It will provide you with the necessary steps and procedures to do a remob via the NYSC portal.
Though, the normal procedure is to apply via the mobilization unit of the NYSC secretariat a Corps member is posted to. But, in this post we would look at the process, using the NYSC portal.
Before we go further lets quickly look at what remobilization of a NYSC Corps Member entails. In a previous post, we learnt how a NYSC Corps member can do a relocation process via the NYSC portal. In this post we would instead deal with remobilization process.
What is NYSC Remobilization:
NYSC Remobilization is the process whereby a NYSC Corps member applies for a remobilization after initially been mobilized to a particular State and failed to serve in that State.
Remobilization is more like the action of mobilizing a NYSC Corps member again after initially deferring the service year. Remobilization is a repeat of service.
When a NYSC Corps member fails to do 3 consecutive monthly clearance or failed to even report to the PPA or even do the service entirely. Then, that NYSC Corps member is assumed to have absconded from the State.
In other for the NYSC Corps member to do the service again and to be awarded a certificate. The NYSC Corps member will have to be remobilized to another State for about 7 months service afresh.
Normally, the Remobilization portal is open on timely basis for NYSC Corps members that absconded service or deferred it to mobilize again.
The step by step process of applying for remobilization through the NYSC Portal is shown below:
How to Apply for NYSC Remobilization:
- Firstly, go to NYSC Portal or https://portal.nysc.org.ng/nysc2/ when remobilization Window opens. To know whether remobilization is ongoing, a tab for Remobilization is shown at the top. Like in this image below:
- Secondly, login with your NYSC email and Password to continue
- In the prepayment page that loads fill in your Bio data details and all other details
- After filling all of the details in the field provided
- Click on Continue tab
- Do all necessary steps in the next window
- Finally use the make payment tab to do online payment.
- When done. Print out any necessary document.
- Now sit back and relax for the processing of the remobilization which usually take some months.
- You can be checking your profile page in the portal to see for any new development.
- Once you see a new tab appears, like you have been mobilized to and print.
- Click on the tab to print the remobilization letter
- Once you print the remobilization letter. Simply head straight to the State, that you have been remobilized to. That is the Mobilization unit of the NYSC Secretariat in that State and tell the mobilization officers that you have been remobilized.
- Next present the remobilization letter to them for necessary documentation.
- After the documentation. Ensure you print out the Remobilization Certificate Format.
- Next, present the remobilization certificate format to the mobilization officer.
- Failure to present this document to the mobilization officer to post it to NYSC HQ in Abuja might hinder the final collection of the NYSC Certificate when you finally round up with service after the remobilization month has been expended.
- Therefore, it is essential to print this document, fill and sign it and present it to the documentation officer in the NYSC State you are posted to.
- After all of the above, steps. A NYSC Corps member has finally finished all the necessary steps of the remobilization.
- He/She can then continue the service like every other NYSC Corps member and taking note of the monthly clearance.
In conclusion, the above steps are the procedures for applying for NYSC Remobilization through the NYSC portal. A video description has been given below.
You may like to check our post, on how to do your NYSC Relocation yourself from the comfort of your home.
NYSC Remobilization Procedures and Steps Video:
Get Stuffs Like this, to Ur' Inbox: