How to get Jamb ePins for UTME Registration:
In this post, you will learn how you can easily get Jamb ePins for the upcoming UTME Registration. The introduction of the Jamb ePins was in a bid to actually reduce the stress it takes for Jamb registration.
After the announcement to change the system of Jamb/UTME registration. The new development led to Jamb using the epins approach for registration.
Popular payment gateways Interswitch systems, like Quickteller web, Quickteller mobile App and Quickteller paypoint have also been enabled for Jamb epins dispensation.
This means prospective Jamb/UTME candidates can retrieve epins for their registration by using this e-channels and make payments via Interswitch WebPay via Jamb portal or via Interswitch Paydirect at any bank branch in Nigeria.
In addition, prospective Jamb/UTME candidates also now have other easier forms of making payment for their epins. Candidates can also make payments via ATM channels at any bank branch in the Federation and also via their mobile phone through USSD text code.
The essence of this post is to provide a step by step guide of how candidates can get their epins via their mobile phones and make subsequent payment through Interswitch.
Without further ado, lets delve into the step by step process.
How to get Jamb/UTME epins via Mobile Phone USSD:
- Firstly, you will need a unique mobile number that is active on your phone. As candidates will be identified and sent important updates via the mobile number. That means any mobile number used to send the USSD code for Jamb registration will be fixed to the candidates profile.
- Secondly, prospective Jamb UTME candidates are to send text message in this format: [Surname, First Name & Middle Name (if any)] by text (SMS) to 55019. Maximum of 38 characters and 2 spaces between names. All summing up to 40 characters in total.
- Thirdly, after the USSD text message is sent. A profile code of the prospective Jamb/UTME candidate is delivered to the mobile number.
- Fourthly, the prospective Jamb/UTME candidates makes payment using the profile codes via payment channels like: Interswitch, Bank Branch, USSD partners, MMOs, MFBs.
- Fifthly, the prospective Jamb UTME candidate gets the ePin in return via payment channels, like QuickTeller Web.
- Lastly, the prospective Jamb UTME Candidate presents this ePin for registration at any Jamb UTME accredited CBT Centre.
Prospective Jamb UTME candidates are advised to only employ the process of obtaining ePins on the official date for commencement of Jamb Registration.
For Jamb UTME 2019, the Registration date was announced to be 10th, January, 2019. Therefore, candidates vying to take the 2019 UTME will apply the aforementioned step on this date.
Hope this post, helps someone out there!. Remember to share with friends.
Get Stuffs Like this, to Ur' Inbox: