How to get Jamb ePin for UTME Registration on your Phone
Jamb ePin for UTME Registration [No Need to go to Bank]:
In this post, we would show you the step by step process of how you can quickly get the Jamb ePin using your phone for UTME/Direct Entry Registration without going to the bank.
The Jamb /UTME ePin is synonymous to Jamb Registration Form. But, was just introduced as a digital form instead. That is a combination of numbers associated to a particular candidate offered after payment.
This means you can start the pre-registration process of getting the ePin and making payment also by yourself without the need to go to any bank.
But, before we continue with the steps. Lets have a quick look of the registration process for a prospective Jamb/UTME candidate:
Registration Process of a Prospective Jamb/UTME Candidate:
- Profile Generation.
- ePin/Sale of Form.
- Registration at any Accredited CBT center.
The above 3 steps are the processes a prospective Jamb/UTME candidate will have to undergo to Register for Jamb/UTME examination form start to completion.
Without further ado, lets delve into the step by step process:
How to get Jamb ePin for UTME Registration:
#1. Create Jamb Profile Code:
Candidate will have to generate their Profile Code using their mobile phone number.
Note: All Candidates are expected to use working mobile numbers, as that mobile number will attached to their Profiles. Therefore, to generate the Profile Code, candidates have to send a text message on mobile phone with the phone number.
On your phone, go to text message and create a new text in the following format: Surname, First Name & Middle Name (if any) and send to 55019. Ensure you leave 2 Spaces between each name.
For example: If a Candidate’s name is, Surname= Muhammed First Name=Jubril. Therefore, the candidate will send a text message in this format Muhammed, Jubril to 55019.
example 2: If a Candidate’s name is, Surname= Emeka, First Name= Uchenna Middle Name= Ifeanyi. Therefore, the candidate will send a text message in this format, Emeka, Uchenna Ifeanyi to 55019.
A sum of 50 Naira will be deducted as SMS charge in both cases.
After few seconds the Profile Code will be sent as SMS to the mobile phone. Candidates are to note the Profile Code and then proceed to the next step of registration. Which is getting an ePin.
#2. Buy Jamb ePin/Sale of Form Online:
The next step is to buy Jamb ePin online using the generated profile code generated earlier. This step can also be done with a smartphone that is connected to the internet or a laptop with internet connection.
This eliminates the stress of going to the bank. But, to use this method, you have to have:
- a working MasterCard/ATM Card
- Internet connection on your phone or laptop
Here are the steps below to get Jamb ePin online:
- Go to this link https://www.jamb.org.ng/eFacility/CandPay/InitPay
- Ensure the option is in Procure Pin
- Enter your Profile Code generated earlier from step 1 above into the field and hit Get details
- The system will automatically load up the candidates details
- Click on Pay UTME option or Pay De(for Direct entry) option.
- The system will then take you to an InterSwitch page
- Select the Pay Online option
- The system will then process it and then take you to a QuickTeller page to pay the sum of N4000 via your ATM Card.
- After entering your card details hit on the Pay option
- This will then take you to a payment page where you enter your card pin
- An SMS containing a code will be sent to the ATM Card bearer’s phone for confirmation of payment.
- Enter the sent code into the menu that request for the OTP one time pin
- Hit on continue to conclude the process.
- Print the Payment Receipt or take a Screen shot
- Now click on the Continue button to go back to the initial page again
- When the page loads, this time select the Retrieve Pin option.
- Now enter your Profile Code into the field
- Next click Get UTME Pin or Get Det Pin option.
- The system processes it and pops out your Pin as a form of Receipt showing your Pin alongside other details.
- Print out the page.
Now you can head to any Accredited Jamb CBT center to conclude the registration process by presenting the online print outs.
#3. Registration at any Accredited CBT center:
Registration of Prospective Jamb UTME candidates can only be done at any Jamb accredited center nation wide. The ePin generated from the steps above are presented at the Registration centers and candidates are to pay the sum of N700 as CBT fees.
Hope this post, helps some one out there. Share with friends!.
Get Stuffs Like this, to Ur' Inbox: